Where we are
Come and explore la vera Italia!
Live and Learn Italian
The birth place of my grandfather!
Agnone is famous for – La Pontificia Fonderia Marinelli - the bell foundry working here since 1040AD!
It’s the oldest surviving family business in the western world, and my grandfather’s first cousins.
Learning Italian here myself, I was inspired to create this programme:
A medieval town, off the beaten track, a community eager to share long standing traditions – gastronomic, cultural and artistic.
This is not a language school, it is an experience!
- discover family run businesses producing excellent cheeses, salamis, olive oil, honey, wine and other regional specialities.
- with no foreign tourism - the Agnonese are keen to engage with us – to cook, and to share traditions and history of their town.
- in Alto-Molise, in the Provincia di Isernia, between Abruzzo and Puglia.
- 850 m above sea level, Agnone in the summer stays fresh and cool, the local population is around 2000.
- summer months are very festive - with Italian visitors and families returning from the cities.