Where we are
Live and Learn Italian is located in Agnone, Molise – 210km southeast of Rome and 150k northeast of Naples. It is an authentic, traditional and rural community, far from tourism.
Come and explore la vera Italia!
Live and Learn Italian
The birth place of my grandfather!
Agnone is famous for – La Pontificia Fonderia Marinelli - the bell foundry working here since 1040AD!
It’s the oldest surviving family business in the western world, and my grandfather’s first cousins.
Learning Italian here myself, I was inspired to create this programme:
A medieval town, off the beaten track, a community eager to share long standing traditions – gastronomic, cultural and artistic.
This is not a language school, it is an experience!
- discover family run businesses producing excellent cheeses, salamis, olive oil, honey, wine and other regional specialities.
- with no foreign tourism - the Agnonese are keen to engage with us – to cook, and to share traditions and history of their town.
- in Alto-Molise, in the Provincia di Isernia, between Abruzzo and Puglia.
- 850 m above sea level, Agnone in the summer stays fresh and cool, the local population is around 2000.
- summer months are very festive - with Italian visitors and families returning from the cities.