Visiting and exploring the region
Here are links to best places to visit in Agnone and Molise during the course:
Other useful resources for discovering Molise
Molise is undiscovered (even by most Italians), full of natural beauty and very much off the beaten track
- The Samnite Museum in Campobasso tells of an historic past.
- Venafro’s beautiful Castello Pandone, with intriguing murals on the walls.
- Understand customs and habits at Isernia’s Museum of Costume.
- Learn about Molise’s tratturi, ancient highways of commerce.
- Local wines of Molise from the family-run Campi Valerio.
- Top quality craft beer being made in a small local town.
- Molise is home to 2 Unesco protected forests.
- Extend your stay - combine cooking and more exploration with Molise Cuisine.
- Discover the Abbey of San Vincenzo al Volturno.
- The Regional Secretariat for Molise – Il Segretariato Regionale per il Molise
Some ideas for accommodation in Rome
- The Beehive is a hot favourite for Rome accommodation.
- Monastery Stays are interesting, but book direct with the convent, not through the booking service, which adds a hefty commission!
- Cross-Pollinate covers accommodation all over Europe.
- Hotel Parlamento – Hotel Parlamento near Spanish Steps roof garden starts are €80
- Villa Fonte – Villa della Fonte Guest House Trastevere
- Domuscerri – is near the airport and beach and recommended by a client.