Visiting and exploring Agnone
Here are links to best places to visit in Agnone and Molise during the course:
- Pietrabbondante Teatro - An early 2nd Century Theatre and Temple site.
- Campanemarinelli - My family’s 1000-year-old Bell Foundry.
- Museo del Rame is the historical museum of Copper.
- Caseificio di Nucci An award-winning Cheesemaker.
- Artisanal metal work by Filippo Catolino in Agnone.
Other useful resources for discovering Molise
Molise is undiscovered (even by most Italians), full of natural beauty and very much off the beaten track
- The Samnite Museum in Campobasso tells of an historic past.
- Venafro’s beautiful Castello Pandone, with intriguing murals on the walls.
- Top quality craft beer being made in a small local town.
- Molise is home to 2 Unesco protected forests.
- Extend your stay - combine cooking and more exploration with Molise Cuisine.
- The Regional Secretariat for Molise – Il Segretariato Regionale per il Molise
Some ideas for accommodation in Rome
- The Beehive is a hot favourite for Rome accommodation.
- Navona Queen Rome is recommended by a client in 2022.
- Monastery Stays are interesting, but book direct with the convent, not through the booking service, which adds a hefty commission!
- Cross-Pollinate covers accommodation all over Europe.
- Hotel Parlamento – Hotel Parlamento near The Spanish Steps.
- Villa Fonte – Villa della Fonte Guest House Trastevere.
Other courses, programmes and Italy websites to share
- In Sabina is one of the world’s best yoga retreats.
- Il Chiostro offer holidays with painting.
- Research Art and Travel in Italy.
- Useful resources for Italian travellers.
- Italian wine tours.