Visiting and exploring the region
Here are links to best places to visit in Agnone and Molise during the course:
- Pietrabbondante Teatro - An early 2nd Century Theatre and Temple site.
- Campanemarinelli - My family’s 1000-year-old Bell Foundry.
- Museo del Rame is the historical museum of Copper.
- Caseificio di Nucci An award-winning Cheesemaker.
Dolciaria Carosella - Family run pastries and sweets.
- Artisanal metal work by Filippo Catolino in Agnone.
- Stonemason, Edoardo Lalli working in the hamlet of Pescopennataro.
Other useful resources for discovering Molise
Molise is undiscovered (even by most Italians), full of natural beauty and very much off the beaten track
- The Samnite Museum in Campobasso tells of an historic past.
- Venafro’s beautiful Castello Pandone, with intriguing murals on the walls.
- Explore tourism in Molise.
- Understand customs and habits at Isernia’s Museum of Costume.
- Learn about Molise’s tratturi, ancient highways of commerce.
- Local wines of Molise from the family-run Campi Valerio.
- Top quality craft beer being made in a small local town.
- Some of Molise’s sites of interest, off the beaten path.
- Molise is home to 2 Unesco protected forests.
- Molise property, still at reasonable prices, from Immobiliare Galasso.
- Discover the Abbey of San Vincenzo al Volturno.