ONLINE WORKSHOPS TO COMPLEMENT YOUR ITALIAN LEARNING
Assembling several of the fantastic teachers who join us in Agnone, our Zoom workshops offer a chance to keep up with study and practise. Students & teachers dotted all over North America and Europe come together in conversation-based workshops of either 8 hours (bi-weekly for 4 weeks) or 7.5 hours (weekly for 5 weeks).
Applicants for a course in Agnone are invited to join a workshop series prior to booking. This enables us to get to know you, your level, and how we can best support your learning.
Workshop places are offered once participants have been assessed via Zoom. Please email me if you are interested to join or have any questions; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each subject is a total of 7½ - 8 hours, broken into 60 or 90 minute classes, spread over 4 or 5 weeks (depending on level & subject).
- Groups of 5-6 students (Cinema workshop up to 8)
- All participants invited to a free introductory conversation session (download Zoom here)
- Total cost €100
- Payments by bank transfer in Euro or GBP, by PayPal in other currencies
- Letterature – a chance to explore Italian authors, discuss their texts, themes and ideas.
- Scrittura Creativa – learn through writing. An excellent way to improve vocabulary and phraseology.
- Conversazione - with a focus on consolidating grammar
- Spunti - taking a text, excerpt, article or video discussion as the point of departure for conversation.
- Il Cinema Italiano (3 sessions of 2 ½ hours) – using excerpts from Italian cinema, learn while speaking, reading, listening, and writing.
DATES FOR 2021 & 2022
1. Autumn 2021: 18 October – 20 November
2. Winter 2022: 24 January – 26 February
3. Spring 2022: 14 March – 16 April
Our fabulous teachers in Agnone also host the workshops
FRANCESCA RICCIARDELLI - Teacher
From Campobasso, Francesca lives in LA and teaches at California State University from where he received her MA in Italian studies. She holds a 2nd MA in teaching Italian as a Foreign Language (U of Venice) and is currently working on a PhD in Language Sciences at Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
SIMONA MARRAS - Teacher
After graduating from Genoa University with a degree in Philosophy, Simona studied French Language and Literature at Strasbourg University. In both France and Italy she taught in French and international schools while raising two sons.
Later qualifying to teach Italian as a foreign language, she now hosts students in her homes in Sicily and Genoa.
MARINA CAMBIANO - Teacher
After many years in London, Marina returned to her native Sicily to continue teaching Italian as a foreign language and English to Italians. She loves to discover the hidden gems of Italy and her own city, Palermo. An active walker and hiker, Marina also hosts language and cultural visits around Italy.
Italian Lecturer at King's Business School
Italian Lecturer at Kings Business School and Istituto Italiano della Cultura, London, Antonio has not (yet) joined us in Agnone but we’re thrilled to be able to offer his Italian Cinema workshop as part of our package. He has designed, developed, and presented this unique workshop for the last 6 years.
Antonio brings more than 15 years’ experience teaching Italian in London to both native and non-native English speakers. For him, the workshop is a project in progress, one that he is always trying to improve. He has developed a wide selection of material and activities to increase students’ participation and their knowledge of Italian Cinema.