Rooms are on the 2nd or 3rd floors, have double beds and private bathrooms. Towels, hairdryers, soap/shower gel are provided. Hand-washing facilities are available, or we offer a laundry service at €12 per load.
Breakfast and one main meal per day are included. On weekdays you’ll generally be left to your own devices for lunch in your B&B or at a local eatery. We ask for your dietary requirements on registration and can accommodate most diets. The local diet is simple and based around pasta, cheese and dairy and we provide a variety of vegetarian dishes.
THE REGION & ENVIRONMENT
On average we cover 6.5k (4 m) per day walking between venues and events. Comfortable, sturdy shoes are a must on cobbled, uneven, and hilly streets. Hiking boots are not necessary, trainers are fine – but do bring them. Sandals are not suitable for hiking.
Weekday lessons in 2 groups with 2 teachers take up the mornings.
Just bring a notebook and pen/pencils, or buy what you need at La Libreria in town. Other learning materials are provided and we do not follow a specific text book.
Your B&B provides WiFi for emails and WhatsApp, not for downloading. Caffè Letterario, our general meeting point, has good WiFi.
WhatsApp is very useful for daily notices, so please download the App before you come and ideally have Wifi access on your phone.
Getting about the town
Everything is walkable. There are plenty of shops, banks with ATM, and lovely cafes.
Agnone’s a lively place with a Saturday market.
There are plenty of pharmacies and a hospital with A&E.
All guests must travel with personal travel insurance.
Included in the full package:
- 30 hrs Italian instruction with qualified native language teachers
- Transport between central Rome and Agnone (see Travel Pack below for full details)
- Daily visits and encounters conducted in Italian with local artisans & personalities
- Cooking and sharing meals in private homes with hosts
- Weekend activities and conversations
- Visits to other towns in the region
- Sites of historical interest and traditional festivals are explored
- Entrance tickets, guides, and hosts
- Daily Bed and Breakfast in private room and bathroom
- 12 additional meals, either lunch or dinner